A: Upgrade to DIRECTV HD and get access to an unparalleled variety of HD entertainment - the most full-time channels in HD, the latest Hollywood blockbusters in Blu-ray™-quality 1080p, the most sports in HD, plus your local channels in HD.Q: Are there ACC Blackouts with ESPN Full Court?
A: Blackouts restrictions to ESPN FULL COURT primarily apply to select games from the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) in ACC territories. If you live in one of these areas, you may still be able to view these games on your local regional sports network or over-the-air network.Q: What is NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX
A: With the NFL SUNDAY TICKET app, you can watch every game every Sunday no matter where you are-on your smartphone or tablet.* Never miss a game, even when you're nowhere near a TV!Q: Can I get internet & phone with DIRECTV?
A: Yes. DIRECTV has teamed up with phone and internet service providers across the country; such as Verizon, AT&T, Qwest, Fairpoint and more. Ask a sales agent which bundle services are available in your area.Q: What programming does DIRECTV offer?
A: DIRECTV programming and service features access to more than 265 available channels of entertainment. They enhance their programming with interactive services like those in their exclusive NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan package.Q: I have another satellite service. How do I convert to the DIRECTV service?
A: It is simple to switch to DIRECTV from another satellite service. Just order DIRECTV from USDIRECT.Q: How does DIRECTV service compare with cable?
A: DIRECTV provides a programming service specifically created to offer customers more options and value for their entertainment dollar. The DIRECTV service combines America's favorite network channels, other popular networks not available from many cable services, a Pay Per View service with more than 55 choices of movies and special events, local channels in most markets, plus an unprecedented sports subscription lineup. No other system offers as many quality program options.Q: What is the SWM System?
A: SWM stands for Single Wire Multiswitch. (It's sometimes spelled SWiM.) It signifies the ability to take a single coax cable and split it up to eight times using special satellite splitters. The distribution is similar to that of cable TV. Allowing for less holes in the walls, and the ability to run one line to feed both tuners in a DVR. This is the first requirement for a Whole Home DVR.Q: What is your top-of-the-line DVR?
A: Currently that would be our HR34 receiver, the super powered five-tuner DVR, that holds up to 200 hours of HD and 800 hours of SD. In a whole-home DVR setup this receiver feeds your HDTV, plus any other compatible HD receiver, PC's or Tablets on the network.Q: What satellite dish do I need for DIRECTV HD?
A: This depends on what satellite your local HD Channels are broadcast. This information is not easy to find. One way is to call DIRECTV to find out where your locals are coming from. Currently there are two main types of satellite dishes. The SL3 or SlimLine 3 Dish receives satellite 99, 101, and 103. The SL5 or Slim Line 5 Dish receivers all the same satellites as the SL3 (99, 101, 103) Plus satellite 110 and 119. So if you are unsure we recommend getting the SL5 Dish that covers all satellites necessary to get DIRECTV HD.Q: How do I use DIRECTV On Demand™ & Pay Per View?
A: Order with your remote control
B. Order via SMS text message
- Text MOVIE to 223322 and follow the prompts.
- Text EVENT to 223322 and follow the prompts.
- Text AE to 223322 and follow the prompts.
C. Order online on directv.com
D. Via the DIRECTV Phone app on your phone
i. Select "Order Movie or Event Now" and follow the on-screen prompts.
A: You can set each DVR to record two programs at the same time. You can even watch two different recorded programs on two separate TVs while your DVR is recording.Q: What receiver do I need to watch in 1080p?
A: You need a flatscreen TV capable of displaying the 1080p resolution format, a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR receiver (model HR20 or higher - you can find the model number behind the small door on the bottom right corner of the front panel), and an HDMI cable to connect your receiver and your TV.Q: How do I get the most HD Channels available to me?
A: Subscribe to the PREMIER package, Advanced Receiver Service and the DIRECTV HD Extra Pack to get the most HD channels we currently carry. PREMIER package contains all the basic network channels and their HD simulcasts, along with all the premium HD channels from HBO®, STARZ®, SHOWTIME UNLIMITED® and Cinemax®. You will also see all the 24/7 RSN channels and any non-game programming as part of SPORTS PACK (note: to see out of market sporting events, customers will need to subscribe to a specific sports subscription like NFL SUNDAY TICKET). DIRECTV HD Extra Pack contains unique HD channels that don't have a standard definition simulcast such as Smithsonian HD and HDNet Movies. All programming and pricing subject to change at any time.Q: What is HBO GO®?
A: HBO GO® is an online streaming service, included with your HBO® subscription, that allows you to watch over 1400 HBO® movies and shows on your computer at no additional charge.Q: Where can I find Sports Schedules?
A: It's a suggested search feature that gives you recommendations based on the shows you already love. To see what shows are recommended for you, press the MENU button on your remote and select SEARCH & BROWSE. Then select SMART SEARCH. You'll find suggested searches to the right of the letterpad.Q: What is the Customer Information Channel
A: Now you can learn about your interactive DIRECTV system by watching easy-to-follow instructional videos on DIRECTV's new Customer Information Channel. Tune to Channel 1 and use the arrow buttons on your remote to select the topic you're interested in.
- Learn about features of your DIRECTV System like:
- How to use the Guide
- Remote Control essentials
- Programming your DVR
- Plus, basic troubleshooting
A: DIRECTV now makes it easier to read closed captioning. With the new DIRECTV Subtitles feature, you get the same text as standard closed captioning, but it's now easier to read and more visually appealing.Q: Using the Smart Search feature
A: With DIRECTV's Smart Search, finding exactly what you're looking for on TV is faster and easier than ever. You can search for movies, shows, sports, people, channels, even YouTube videos. Your search results start appearing as soon as you enter the first letter.Q: Using TV Apps
A: With DIRECTV's exciting FREE TV apps, like Social TV, Flickr, ScoreGuide, and 5-Day Weather Forecast, you can share what you're watching on Facebook and Twitter, view your favorite pictures, get up to the minute scores, check your local weather, and much more - without missing a second of what you're watching, all at the press of a button.Q: Using DoublePlay
A: It's happens to every sports fan: two huge games on at the same time. What to do? DIRECTV has the answer: DoublePlay. It allows you to quickly toggle between any two games that are simultaneously recording. NOTE: To use DoublePlay, you must have a DVR (model R22 or later) or an HD DVR (model HR20 or later).Q: Using the DIRECTV iPhone App
A: The FREE DIRECTV™ iPad® App adds a whole new dimension to your entertainment experience. Now with DIRECTV Everywhere, you can watch the hottest shows and movies right on your iPad, anytime, anywhere. The app also lets you stream LIVE TV anywhere in your home, set your DVR from anywhere, turn your iPad into a remote control, and more.Q: Customize Your Channel Guide
A: Your DIRECTV receiver displays by default all the channels DIRECTV offers in the program guide whether or not you subscribe to them. But you can actually limit the displayed channels to just those you subscribe to.Q: How do I know how much free recording space I have on my DVR?
A: To find out how much space you have left at any time, view the status bar at the bottom left of your Playlist screen. (To access your Playlist, just press the LIST button on your remote control.) If you have less than 10 percent free space on your DVR, you'll get a Disk Space Warning.
A: You can also increase the recording capacity of your DVR or HD DVR by connecting an external hard drive to your receiver.
Here is how.
A: DIRECTV makes it easy for you to limit or block any programming you consider to be inappropriate for your children. Our powerful Parental Controls feature, available with every DIRECTV receiver, lets you restrict unsupervised TV viewing based on rating, block specific channels, limit viewing times, and set spending limits for DIRECTV On Demand™ movies or live Pay Per View events. Just follow these quick steps to set up Parental Controls:
To add a program or channel to your Favorites list, click on it to go to its details page. Then, click "Add to Favorites" below the title.Q: Enjoy Pandora on your TV
A: With DIRECTV, you can now enjoy Pandora internet radio right through your TV. It's FREE and available to anyone with an HD DVR connected to the Internet.Q: Power Saving Feature
A: Our ENERGY STAR-certified receivers have always consumed as little power as possible, and now they consume even less. With the latest updates to our HD DVR, HD, or DVR (model R22) receivers, you no longer have to worry about your receiver remaining on if you've fallen asleep while watching TV. After four hours of inactivity, an on-screen display will appear to alert you that it's about to go into Power Saving standby mode.Q: How do I get the most HD Channels available to me?
A: Subscribe to the PREMIER package, Advanced Receiver Service and the DIRECTV HD Extra Pack to get the most HD channels we currently carry. PREMIER package contains all the basic network channels and their HD simulcasts, along with all the premium HD channels from HBO®, Cinemax, SHOWTIME UNLIMITED and Starz. You will also see all the 24/7 RSN channels and any non-game programming as part of SPORTS PACK (note: to see out of market sporting events, customers will need to subscribe to a specific sports subscription like NFL SUNDAY TICKET). DIRECTV HD Extra Pack contains unique HD channels that don't have a standard definition simulcast such as Smithsonian HD and HDNet Movies. All programming and pricing subject to change at any time.Q: Order a movie on Directv On Demand™ with a Text
A: Order Hollywood's biggest hits on DIRECTV On Demand™ by texting?anytime. There's no ordering fee. Simply text MOVIE to 223322 from your cell phone; then type in the movie you want to watch or choose from a list of new releases.Q: ScoreGuide
A: If you're a sports fan, you've experienced this: You're watching one game and can't take your eyes off of it, but yo''re dying to know what the score is in that other big game. DIRECTV's ScoreGuide™ is for you. ScoreGuide™ is available 24/7, whenever you need to know the score.Q: Recent Search
A: If you've ever used the Search feature to find a movie, actor or your favorite professional or college team, there's a quick and easy way to find the same listing again. Use DIRECTV's Recent Search option?it's easy as 1-2-3: If you have an SD receiver or a DVR:
SD receiver or a DVR:
1. Press MENU on your remote and hit Search for Shows
2. Select Recent Searches
3. Then scroll down the list of recent search items to find the subject, actor or title you're looking for and then click Select
If you have an HD receiver or an HD DVR:
1. Press MENU on your remote control
2. Select Search & Browse
3. Select Smart Search.
4. Select Recent Searches below the letterpad.
5. Then scroll down the list of recent search items to find the subject, actor or title you're looking for and then click Select
A: Tune to a favorite channel and press the UP arrow on your remote. You'll see a grid of nine squares, which you can fill with any channels you want. Use the arrow keys to select the first square you want to fill, and then press the GREEN button on your remote. The square you selected is now filled with the channel number you're on. Tune to eight other favorite channels and repeat.Q: GameSearch
A: With Directv's GameSearch, you're never blacked out. Sports blackouts, a long time source of frustration and confusion for sports fans, occur when a sporting event is not televised in a certain area. But thanks to DIRECTV's cutting-edge technology, whenever you tune in to a channel with a blacked-out game, GameSearch™ recognizes the blackout and immediately looks to see if the game is on another channel.
- Defective Access card.
- Access card is not properly inserted
- If you have not yet activated this access card, call customer service to activate it.
- Reset you receiver by turning it off and unplugging it. After 15 seconds, plug it back in and turn it on.
- A signal isn't getting from your dish to your receiver. This may be a cabling problem.
- Your dish isn't picking up a signal.
- Your receiver is getting a signal but it isn't processing the signal correctly.
- A severe storm has temporarily interfered with the signal.
- Reset your receiver by turning it off and unplugging it. Wait 15 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on.
Check all the connections on the back of your receiver, starting with the SAT-IN connection, and make sure they're secure.
- If you can easily see your satellite dish, check to make sure that there's nothing blocking the line of sight from the dish to the sky.
- Your TV is not receiving or displaying the signal from your DIRECTV® Receiver.
- Your receiver has correct guide information, but is not processing video correctly.
- You are viewing a channel where an upcoming sporting or special event is scheduled or has recently ended.
- Turn TV off and on.
- Turn DIRECTV Receiver off and on.
- Make sure light on front panel of receiver is lit.
- Press the "TV/DSS" button on the remote control or front panel of the receiver (not all receivers have this option).
- Reset the receiver by unplugging the power cord for 15 seconds.
- Check all cable connections between the dish, receiver, and TV.
If the picture is black, but the program title and description display in a banner the top of the screen:
- If the problem is only occurring on a few channels, check the detailed description of the program through the on-screen guide on those channels. Often, we display a blank screen with a banner before and after a high-profile event to alert customers about the event.
- Reset the receiver by turning off and unplugging the power cord for 15 seconds.
- Run a signal meter test to check your signal strength (press "menu" and look under "setup" or "installation").
This handy online tool gives you the code you need to set up your remote to control the devices connected to your TV.
Get your code
- Your DIRECTV® Receiver may not have processed the programming information for this channel.
- Your receiver has been unplugged from the power outlet or satellite dish for several weeks and has missed the monthly service renewals.
- If the channel you are trying to watch is part of the programming package you subscribe to, resetting your receiver can fix the problem.
1. Turn off then unplug the receiver.
2. After 15 seconds, plug your receiver back in and turn it on.
On some DIRECTV receivers there is a reset button inside of the access card door. If your receiver has a reset button, you can simply press it to reset your receiver. If there is not a button inside the access card door or pressing the button does not correct the problem, try these steps to reset your receiver:
- Leave the receiver box on.
- Unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet. (If your receiver's light is still on, you have pulled the wrong plug.)
- Leave the receiver unplugged for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect it to the electrical outlet and return to normal viewing.
Yes, but please note that if you have Whole-Home DVR service or plan to get Whole-Home DVR service, you cannot use this method of connecting your HD DVR to the Internet. Whether you have Whole-Home DVR service or not, we recommend that you use the DIRECTV On Demand™ Connection Kit to connect your HD DVR to the Internet. Learn more about the DIRECTV on Demand™ Connection Kit.Q: I'm seeing an error message on my TV screen that includes the number 771A what does it mean?
"771A" is an error code that indicates your receiver is having trouble communicating with your satellite dish. As a result, your TV signal may be interrupted.
- Here are a few things to try to solve the issue:
1. Make sure all the cables connected to your receiver are secure.
2. You may have a SWiM Power Inserter (see link below). Make sure it's plugged into an electrical outlet or an active power strip and the cables connected to it are secure. Do not plug in the SWiM Power Inserter to an power outlet that can be turned off or this could continue to impact your viewing experience.
3. If all of these connections are secure, try resetting your receiver. On some receivers, there is a small red button inside the access card door on the front panel. Simply press this button and wait for the receiver to reset. If you have a receiver that does not have this button, you can reset the receiver by unplugging the power cord for 15 seconds and then replugging it.
SWiM Power Inserter
DIRECTV is #1
in customer satisfaction over all cable providers.
For more than a decade, DIRECTV has had higher customer satisfaction ratings than cable.
As compared to the largest national cable providers. 2012 American Customer Satisfaction Index.