Love Shark Week? We’ll Pay You $1,000 to Watch it
Put yourself to the test—if you think you’ve got the guts.
When Jaws came out in 1975, the world went into a fear-induced panic over the blood-thirsty, boat-circling monsters that are sharks. But in 2019, the release of “Baby Shark” undid all of that.
Suddenly, sharks were cute, smiley, and pink, and toddlers everywhere begged their parents to play the jingle on repeat.
No matter your opinion on sharks, one thing is for sure: they’re fascinating and polarizing. So much so that the Discovery Channel devotes a week of programming to them every year: Shark Week.
Shark Week has been a thing for 32 years, and every year its pool of fans only seems to grow bigger.
To celebrate Shark Week, we’ll fork over $1,000 to one brave soul willing to watch every minute of 2020 Shark Week. We don’t care if you love lemon sharks more than hammerheads or sand sharks more than a hopeful vegetarian great white named Bruce—over at USDirect.com, we’re not shark-biased.
Details of the “jawb”
Our seasonal “employee” will tweet and share their favorite Shark Week fact each day, using the hashtag #SharkWeekDreamJawb.
After securing the job, the lucky person will also need to rank each program from least to best in the following categories:
Most fearsome (scariest)
The “job” will begin on Aug 9th, 2020 and last 7 days.
We don’t care if you watch Shark Week in bed, in-between meetings, or at the dinner table (though your family may feel differently): as long as you watch every second of Shark Week 2020, $1,000 is all yours.
The perfect victim (there can only be one)
Did you know that sharks don’t have bones? Did you know that sharks can swim up to 25 mph?
Our winner will share every fast fact and interesting quirk they learn and dispel every false myth. Each day, our winner will document both what they watched that day and what they learned.
But that’s not all.
To be considered for the pick, here’s what we need from you:
- You gotta love sharks—enough to celebrate them for a whole week.
- You have to be at least 18 years old and a U.S. resident.
- You have to be willing to document your Shark Week marathon on your social media.
The Shark Week Dream Job has closed!
Terms and conditions
The rules of the sweepstakes and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this sweepstakes is USDirect.com whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- This dream job is being conducted by USDirect.com and is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by The Discovery Channel or AT&T.
- Employees of USDirect.com or anyone else connected in any way with the sweepstakes shall not be permitted to enter.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state of residence, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this sweepstakes. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Route to entry for the sweepstakes and details of how to enter are available via USDirect.com. Persons may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on USDirect’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that USDirect.com can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be July 27, 2020 at 5 pm ET. After this date, no further entries to the sweepstakes will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be purely random but the selected applicant must meet our requirements. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks determined by the USDirect.com team. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them (document Shark Week marathon on social media using the hashtag #SharkWeekDreamJawb and rank each Shark Week program from least to best in the following categories: most entertaining, most informative, most fearsome ((scariest)), and most surprising), they will not receive their cash prize of $1,000.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days at the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 10 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. Once the winner formally accepts the role, we will announce them on the application pages within 10 days.
- The winner specifically acknowledges that the streaming package shall be provided and fulfilled by USDirect.com. The package will consist of Shark Week swag and snacks.
- USDirect.com will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- No cash alternative to the snacks and shark-themed merchandise will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and USDirect.com reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner agrees to provide USDirect.com with a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to use any images, videos, or tweets that they send us or post as part of this sweepstakes.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
- 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
- Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
USDirect.com’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the sweepstakes will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.